View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #69
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Well, I wanted to vote, but NONE of the features I really care for are listed and it does not let me vote with empty list.

Here is what I consider as important features for an 9.7 inch reader, sorted by importance.
  1. 9.7" display (obviously), preferably without glass substrate
  2. price
  3. *price*
  4. PRICE
  5. Did I say *PRICE*?
  6. good software for reading books, with lots of configuration options (have a look at PocketBook firmware)
  7. good firmware with lots of customization options, like possibility to remap all buttons ...
  8. physical page-turning buttons on both sides, so the pages can be turned by either hand
  9. robust construction
  10. rugged (military specs) construction
  11. external memory media (such as memory card)
  12. ability to annotate the text. Any text, including A4 pdf files and ability to export said annotations to a non-proprietary format.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote