Thread: Noob question
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogman View Post
I wouldn't worry about it as an update might happen once in this product's lifespan, if at all. I've been using mine for a few weeks now and it seems to be pretty solid, unlike some of the other ereaders which ship with semi-broken firmware.

Booting into Win once a year won't kill you.
Thanks Doogman. I've had my 650 for a few weeks, too, and yes everything seems to be perfectly reliable. No glitches, nothing to report except that it all works fine. Nevertheless, I would like to avail myself of any updates, for example if they added another dictionary such as Portuguese, as well as, of course, any bug fixes. I haven't needed to use Windows all year, so it would be nice to see the rest of the year out that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Boxcorner, I only replied to say I understand your frustration. It's only been one year since Sony came out with Mac support so I am not surprised they don't support Linux yet. I also have my HD in two partitions: one for Mac OS X and one for Windows XP. For years I managed my reader library on the Windows side. Yes, it was annoying and time consuming to have to boot Windows. However, it was worth it to me because I like the Sony readers and didn't want to use a different brand. I was glad that I had a copy of Windows as many Mac users don't. Perhaps as more people adopt Linux Sony will offer a solution someday for you too.
Thanks Bookworm_Girl. I hope you're right about Sony waking up to Linux. Windows certainly is painfully time consuming, but I suppose only having to use it one a year might be just bearable.

Last edited by boxcorner; 11-26-2010 at 12:58 PM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote