View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #55
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxab View Post
Strange that nobody seems to care much about the huge bug that Dr. Drib first reported. In plain txt and rtf files CRLF characters (Chr13 + Chr10) have been stripped so paragraph formatting is completely lost. All texts are nearly unreadable now including the ones Ectaco loaded. No dialogs. Poetry turned into prose. Damn! They added some very important features (UTF-8 decoding and improved fb2 reader) and fixed a few bugs, but introduced a new bad one in the process. Somebody here said it was a feature, not a bug. Hopefully, Ectaco will fix this "feature" ASAP. Should be an easy fix.

Interestingly, however, all the plain txt us-ascii titles I've downloaded from Gutenburg yesterday ALL display perfectly!

Their Library (on the Reader and on their webpage) should probably be addressed - and very quickly, at that - or there will be some very unhappy customers. Only a few of their txt files display correctly. -- But, as mentioned, the quick solution is to re-download them from Gutenberg.

I'll be downloading more txt files today from Gutenberg, just to make certain that I wasn't "lucky."

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote