View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
a) your device ID and version number,

b) an indication of the country you bought the Touch and where you did the update(s),

Australia (ordered from Angus and Robertson online December 2011). Stayed in Australia ever since.

c) whether you did it via Kobo Desktop, wifi, or by downloading and installing yourself, and

I think I've tried all three, and on varying base configurations (from 1.9.17 with books in database, from factory reset, from factory reset with bare 1.9.17 upgrade in place).

d) whether you have had any difficulties or changes in device behaviour not announced by Kobo as part of the updates since 2.0.0., and, if you did, what they were/are. These include, but are not limited to, failed updates, slow page turns, displaying the wrong book cover ... the list is quite long!

I'm one of the people which the initial (now withdrawn) 2.0.0 upgrade failed on, semibricking the device. I also am unable to install the newer Japanese firmware. The current official 2.0.0 upgrade installs now, but sideloaded epub pageturns are too slow for me, so I've downgraded to 1.9.17 and switched Wifi off.

e) In addition, if you know the firmware version it came with from the factory that would be useful.

---

Does anyone have a serial number that doesn't start with KG3? Does anyone have a serial number that starts with KG32?

KG31 here.

What letters do people have as the last character of the serial number (mine is B).

B

I have 2.6.35.3 for the 2nd, 4th and 5th fields. Does anyone have different? or not the same number in all 3 fields?

same here

In the last field, I have 310, does anyone have something different?

Same.
Based on everything else about your specs, are you sure of the original firmware version? Other than place of purchase (OfficeWorks for me) it matches perfectly with mine. From memory, when I first plugged mine in, it did an upgrade to 1.9.14. 1.9.16 became available a week or so later. I only discovered it because after everyone in the house played with mine I bought my wife one for Christmas and it was loaded on when she connected it. I did a factory reset last week, so I checked the firmware level then.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote