View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake person View Post
Hello,

Ordered a new Cybook 2 weeks ago. On backorder until August at the earliest. Looked around the net and came across the Bebook.
All I am looking for is an easy to use ebook reader that suppor Mobipocketbook. Also I have Windows Vista. Of course I don't want to spend a million dollors. So Cybook or Bebook?

Lake:
Cybook:
Pros:
- Thumbnail view for Mobipocket files in the bookshelf.
- 2 versions. 1 with DRMed .epub and 1 with DRMed .prc.
I wouldn't know how to measure it, but to me the display quality of Cybook seems superior to BeBook.
Cons:
- Buttons on the left not really ergonomically.
- No standby.

BeBook:
Pros:
- OpenInkpot (replacement OS): I haven't tried it, as I simply don't like my BeBook, but there are very positive reviews.
- User replaceable battery.
Cons:
- Feels and looks cheap.
Quote from PC Pro's online review: "Unfortunately, first impressions are underwhelming. Whereas the Sony PRS-505 slid from the box like a Bentley whispering out of the showroom, there's a real bargain basement feel to the BeBook". (Unfortunately, I didn't know about that review before ordering: But I have to agree.)
- Never happened to me, but some report BeBook being unstable.

You easily can "trick" Kindle 2 ($ 299) into processing Mobipocket as well.

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-20-2009 at 04:27 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote