View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #11
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
When I was in Junior High, a history teacher had everyone write something about the world history we were reading. It was to be about a fictional character that was in those historical times.

Today, the first thing you notice if you look at those few sheets of paper is the bright broad blue ink lines from the fountain pen. The next thing is that my cursive was awful. (My mom's cursive was absolutely beautiful, and so was she, I will proudly add.)

The writing was pretty clumsy though the teacher praised it to my mother.

I have had a lot of practice since then, but I cherish that "first work."

The subject was about a young soldier killed in the trenches by a gas attack. My first published works were about soldiers and war though it was about America's Civil War, and not a World War.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote