View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
Ooops - I was trying to keep my query short & it looks like I left out some needed details:

Nope - Calibre has not even run - just installed the OS & asked before doing anything else.

Thank you, that's very good to know:

I've not been using Calibre for book management under windows & it will ONLY be used for that under Linux.

The only previous usage of Calibre by me has been for it's conversion and such via the portable version's separate EXE files.

My plan going forward is to switch totally to Linux & get done with windows...and this PC has an existing very stripped-down installation of win2k only anyhow which I left there for just-in-case.

Since it looks like Calibre MUST copy all these into another location & structure of it's own creation=> how may I point that specifically to an empty/new mount point which I can create just for that purpose please ?
Calibre puts the files wherever you put the Library.
After that is done,you can archive the originals.

Mount point? Unless you have a separate volume just for your Library and that is NOT auto-mounted at boot time, you should just specify the Path when you configure the Library.

I have a second drive (Vault ), mounted in the Home folder.
I have 777 Group rights to the entire drive
That is it.

BTW Most Distro versions of Calibre are behind.
The preferred install is to use the command line on the Calibre Linux download page.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote