View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The use of a central server shouldn't present too many problems. Those of us that did the original OTA update of Ermine for the EE were presented with a page that required us to agree that we were updating with a beta release and were doing so at our own risk. I assume it was the same for the PE.

The thing the OTA server would need to know is what device is it, EE or PE? Since the old entourage server was able to work that out any new server should also be able to - it might prevent the problems we have been seeing of late with people trying to use the PE update on the EE, prompted, I suspect, by the lure of having the market available.

On a side note - we might even be able to attach to the Russian OTA server

I think the download link for the OTA update was likely embedded within the EE or PE Update App.

I'm really interested where this OTA update was stored when it was downloaded by the EE or PE. By placing the update.zip into this location it may be possible to update the EE or PE using the Update App.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-28-2012 at 05:41 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote