View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Snauzoo
Enthusiast
Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Question Using Sub-Categorization Scheme

Three options - disable, first letter and partition.

I created a custom column, #genre, so I could set up sub-genres in the tag browser. The sub-cat scheme is currently set to disabled. (it set itself, actually) but I do not understand what that means, since it is rather counter intutive since I have sub-categories. Some of the books came to us with genre:subgenre, but I had to figure out the #genre stuff first, by visiting calibre.com help. Gradually I am changing them to genre.subgenre (colon versus period naming scheme).

I would like to be able to show authors grouped by first letter of last name, so editing them would be a bit simpler. I have 2175 due to the fact that my husband's friends at work all give him their books and he dumps them into one big mess of a library which has become my life work to clean up (forget reading...) I am assuming that I need to set Sub-Cat Scheme to first letter to do this? Will this mess up my genre subgroups? And what, pray tell does partition mean? Just started using this program a week ago. Very powerful, wish iTunes had half the power for sub genres etc.

Last edited by Snauzoo; 06-29-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Snauzoo is offline   Reply With Quote