View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Romance ebooks for a guy?

My mother has always devoured romantic novels. It was only a matter of time until I grabbed one, made by Lisa Kleypas, and I got hooked into them.

As of now, I'm quite sure of what I want when reading them:
  • I'm not fond of supernatural/fantastic settings or plot devices.
  • Victorian times are my preferred setting for historical novels, unless I know the writer can fend herself well with historical research.
  • I have a sense of humor, and I want it properly catered to.
  • I like sagas, but I prefer them to be not too long (the same happens with manga, now that I think about it... ).
  • Lesbian content, either in the protagonist couple or in any Beta one, is nice to have, though by no means a requisite.

Examples of novels I loved: Boy Meets Girl, by Meg Cabot (Cabot's wit never fails to make me laugh); Then Came You, by Lisa Kleypas (actually I'm quite a sucker for her works...); The Duncan Trilogy by Jane Feather.

Does anyone have any recommendations along some of these guidelines, or maybe something which is simply interesting to read in the genre?

Thanks in advance.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote