View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #22
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
I can only speak for myself but to me anything over $200 makes me balk a little. Maybe I'm just too cheap.
It's not a matter of "too cheap;" it's a lot of money to devote to a single-purpose device. I read ebooks on a second-hand PDA for two years before I decided that I really would get that much use out of an ebook reader. And I researched the options first, because it'd be rough to get one, decide it was okay, but I'd really rather have another one that cost $40 more, but I can't possibly afford two of them.

E-ink devices occasionally get as low as $200 (and the Astak mini should be out soon at that price), but most of them are going to cost more than that. I don't think they'll get to the $150 range unless the DRM market collapses... at which point, they'll actually become convenient & useful to college students, and get enough sales to bring down the per-unit cost.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote