View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
love mine

I love my little EB1150 and it is very sturdy. I would have enjoyed it at that age, but I read alot more than the average person even then.

How much does he enjoy reading? Is he comfortable on the computer?

Because of the file conversion issues with the EB1150 I don't recommend it to anyone who is not comfortable with computers. Its not hard to convert the files, but it really helps if you are comfortable with computers. Multi-format books at Fictionwise can be downloaded in the .imp format, if you are buying secure books the .lit format is the easiest to convert to .imp, at least IMO. It will also work with .rtf and .html files.

The price on the EB1150 is good and when there have been problems it seems that ebookwise has been quick to replace a EB1150 if needed. This is good just in case he hates it or does manage to break it.

Of the readers it is more sturdy the the e-inks in my opinion, I have a Cool-er and I would not throw it around like I do my little EB1150. Though I suppose little isn't the word I should use its bigger and thicker than my Cool-er.

Most of the people that have bought one and are on this forum will tell you that they love their EB1150, its not the coolest looking reader or the most spendy but it works great for what it was designed to.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote