View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresser View Post
I have about a hundred books in the catalog with multiple authors separated by semicolons. e.g. "Larry Niven; Jean Marie Stine". I want to correct these to ampersands; e.g. "Larry Niven & Jean Marie Stine". I can do them one by one in the GUI, obviously. And it appears that if I fiddle with it I can do it to the file itself with ebook-metadata.exe . But is there a way to do it to the database AND the metadata simultaneously, the way the GUI will?
How many Different combinations?
Open the Tag Browser (wide-ish )

click once (book display)
(Be careful)
now Rigkt-click on thee name (in the Tag Browser): Select rename: Ctrl-C (copy): tap the ESC key
Now select All Books (Ctrl-A or the little box above the row numbers): E for Bulk Edit
Paste the names you copied earlier int o the Authors Box: Edit the semicolons into &, tick the Auto set Author sort box.

BTW if your REGEX foo is up to it, you might be able to use the Bulk Search and replace on a group of multi authors, remembering that some search characters need to be escaped with a backslash
BE careful and get it correct. you can trash a goodly amount of names fast
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote