View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #39
dos
Enthusiast
dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.dos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
People bring issues up here and get helpful responses without ticking people off all the time. Generally they are pleasant when they do this. It's a strategy that seems to work.
Really not sure what I did to tick anyone off, as far as I can tell I haven't insulted anyone personally, just voiced some criticism for a product. I guess because I'm new I don't know the etiquette here. How have I acted unpleasantly? Yeah I was harsh about a consumer product... but products don't have feelings.

I could E-Mail Kobo about this issue but I'm quite sure they're aware of the limitations of a product they designed.

I have to say this forum is really strange to me, most forums devoted to a piece of hardware or software that gets updated are full of people jumping over each other to point out every little detail that's wrong with the product, hoping their issue is the one that the most people care about. Check out the official PS3 forums for instance, those people love that machine but when something is wrong they're absolutely vicious. You don't really see many people saying "oh well it's okay, that can be excused because [excuse]", or "well there's this complicated workaround and you should just be happy with what you've got". And you know what? It's usually fixed in the very next firmware update.

Perhaps Kobo's customers should stop acting so whipped. It's kind of sad. I'm going to try to find another forum that's not as forgiving, I didn't anticipate this kind of reaction and should have lurked more.

It's up to the consumers to keep a company in line. It costs money to improve a product and a company operates by trying to spend as little as possible while at the same time trying to maximize profit. If they think everyone's cool with the status quo they will not expend their resources trying to fix problems.

Last edited by dos; 10-15-2010 at 10:37 PM.
dos is offline   Reply With Quote