View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #6
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vance650 View Post
I am looking for a ereader and until today I had actually never used one. Does every reader have that flash to black when you turn the page? I could have sworn I read somewhere that there was a reader that used something besides e ink display? Would any one know which one that is and does it come in a 6" screen? Also does the screen flash bother you, it just seems like it would be bothersome? Thanks
A lot of people have managed to not be bothered by it by some weird magic that also seems to allow them to tolerate the incredible slowness of ebook readers. The refresh thing still irritates me, but I can survive it for now.

Unfortunately, all current EPD devices do that refresh flash, and the only current epaper readers that I'm aware of that avoid it are the jetBook and its other variants, which are pretty much just 5-inch devices.

Color LCDs are a good way out of the problem, but sunlight readability is poor, and power consumption is higher. Pixel Qi will be a possible solution for some people, but is not available yet. Same with Mirasol and Liquavista.

So, right now, there aren't that many good alternatives excepting the jetBook and other related devices as daffy4u mentioned.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote