View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Cookbooks in my kitchen!

I have two hobbies--reading and cooking. I have a whole bunch of recipes saved to my computer, but I had not purchased any digital cookbooks. I just didn't find using my ereader or 7 inch tablet in the kitchen appealing.

Then I bought one of those quirky Android TV boxes that look like an oversize flash drive but can hook into a flat screen TV. I bought one that uses my home WiFi and which can download reader apps from the Google Play Store. I paired it with a combo keyboard, touch pad and now my digital recipes and cookbooks are sooo easy to read on my smallish no frills flat screen kitchen TV. Amazing.

I have my digital recipes in Google Drive (though they could be on the SD card the TV box accepts or drop box etc) and I use Aldiko, Amazon, or Kobo apps for cookbooks.

Really nice. I got my TV Box here: http://tvbox.geekbuying.com/ and the keyboard is by Logitech. The TV box comes with a small remote, but I find the keyboard easier to use.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote