View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #41
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I just assumed you lived in Honolulu (or its near surroundings) and they would be early adapters of 4G/LTE. The Navy presence sort of dictates the need, or at least that is what I assumed.
That's true for Sprint and Verizon, but AT&T is a bit behind here. I work for the Army Signal Command (IT and telecommunications) here, and AT&T Mobile lost our cellular contract years ago because of inability to provide competitive service, and now that the CDMA providers have international handsets it’s even worse.

Curiously, AT&T still has our land line contract, but that’s mostly for legal reasons. Figure this one out; we have implemented VOIP on most phones utilizing our own IP WAN and call managers, but because of the way the contract is written, AT&T still gets a monthly re-occurring for every phone number implemented.

Last edited by wodin; 05-24-2012 at 03:59 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote