Thread: PRS-900 Fading in the sun
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
A lot of e-ink screens have this issue. At Kobo we weed these out by shining a really bright light (I believe it's 20,000 lumens..?) on the screen before it joins the board assembly.

Interesting story, in the early days we couldn't figure out for the longest time why the sun-fading was happening. We tried ultraviolet light and I personally even tried to heat the screen with a lighter to see if that was the problem lol. Finally found the issue.

Sometimes however, a screen or two will slip through the cracks (although we have not had a return yet for that reason that I know of).
Where the fading screens all made by LG?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote