View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
Sony PRS-650
Calibre 0.7.56
Only thing missing is OS.

Quote:
[Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/media/READER/database/cache/media.xml'
A OS level IO error, not a calibre created error.

Quote:
Ah, I remember now ... something like this happened ages ago, soon after I got the reader. I eventually solved the problem by reformatting the Internal Memory.
Sounds like the correct course of action or run a file system disk check / fix.

Quote:
Perhaps in future it would be better to store books on Memory Stick or SD Card.
This won't help you any with this error. Your best bet is to ensure you eject the reader before disconnecting it each time and keeping your fingers crossed to keep away the IO error demons.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote