View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Feature request: accented characters and plain-text copy & paste

Hello,

I edit a lot of book metadata manually and I'd like to request two features that would make that a lot easier for me.

First, it would be great if Calibre for OS X supported adding accented characters by long-pressing a key. In all native apps and lots of other programs, pressing and holding the letter 'a' will pop up a contextual menu that lets you select between à, á, â, and so on. In Calibre, long-pressing just repeats the character like so: aaaaaaa.

Second, it would be great if I could check a preference that would always strip the HTML formatting from any summary text pasted into the Comments box of the edit metadata window. Often I copy/paste directly from a website and I just want the text, not any of the formatting.

Thanks.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote