View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
sunami88
Enthusiast
sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Yes, you can. But you should avoid PDF. If you just saved in HTML and then converted to EPUB, the result would be much nicer than the PDF conversion.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this post. But after some thinking, I believe the advantage of this system is you can use the Calibre fetch news function to automatically aggregate all the individual pages you 'bookmark'.

So rather then manually saving, converting, and transferring each article to the Kobo manually, you get a RSS feed type thing that is automated.
True. The only big problem I have is that Calibre takes up a good 600 megs of ram for some reason on my computer. I also wouldn't want to read "everything" on the go. It'd probably just be a few articles here and there.

I guess it depends what you want to do. All the content from WebsiteX = Calibre. For a few articles here and there, Print to PDF or saving the HTML like you said would probably suffice (and not eat up a staggering amount of memory while it does it).

Guess I'll have to get unlazy one of these days and actually try it out :P .
sunami88 is offline   Reply With Quote