View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
nice catch...but I find it interesting that a company would, in essence, manufacture it's own knock-off's. And package them in the exact same box as the current product. I many other than the folks who frequent this site would even be aware there are different versions. Because when you look at the iRex site the box seems to be the same to me. Look here:

https://www.irexshop.com/index.php?cPath=22_27

At least that page does say 2nd edition. But if the box is the same people will never think to question anything beyond that...and it is not sufficient to say people need to question the product...why? The mfg did nothing to show the consumer the item might not be the same thing as shown on the site.

If a device is made to different spec's for a client then there really should be a simple way for the consumer to, at a glance, identify the item is different.
To be fair, iRex seem to be a very small outfit - there's no mileage for them in having different boxes printed up for their B2B customers, especially if the custom machines were never intended to end up on sale to ordinary consumers. I've worked for a similarly small startup company, and since the VC sector became more cautious, you have to make savings where you can!

If the machines aren't standard, it's the seller's fault for not mentioning it, not iRex's.
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote