View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #102
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
This may sound dumb, but I really like this place because the writing is at a much higher level than other fora. (spelling, grammar, sentence construction, etc.) I feel like I'm talking to intellectual equals, rather than knuckle-draggers who happen to share some other interest.
It's not dumb at all. While the focus of the site might be on ebooks and associated technology, that's just the delivery medium. Ultimately, we are all here because we read. A lot.

People who do so tend to have better vocabularies and are better able to express themselves in writing. They also end to have broader interests and more things to talk about.

Speaking personally, while I'm a tech, interested in the technology, and a fan and promoter of ebooks and ereaders, I'm here mainly for literate conversation.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote