View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
jschall
Avid Reader
jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Archos 5 Internet Tablet, Pandigital Novel , Acer Iconia A100
Question Problem reading rtf file

Is Calibre able to read/view rtf files?

I am trying to get my head around all the formats and reader programs for ebook files. Rtf ("Rich Text Format") is surely one of the oldest and widest-spread.

In my quest to learn more about the platforms and the formats, I came across ZuluReader for my Windows Mobile device - already equipped with TomeRaider (tr3), MobiPocket (prc), eReader (pdb), Adobe Reader (pdf) and Microsoft Reader (lit). (It also reads doc files!). ZuluReader promises to add epub files to the list, but I haven't tried it yet.

Well, I also downloaded from the ZuluExpress site the help file for ZuluReader, which happens to be an rtf file.

I can open the rtf file just fine with FBReader.

But when I try with Calibre (0.6.7 for Linux), adding the help.rtf (6.5 kB) as a new book the "Adding" window sticks at zero for 15s, then appears to complete normally. The new file shows as 0MB in the list of books in Calibre, but clicking on View does nothing.

Any idea why this would be?

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
jschall is offline   Reply With Quote