View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 06:26 AM   #5
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I knew something was wrong when I downloaded Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich and it sounded like crap. I first notice the file was 90MB when it should be bigger. It seems after doing some research that the Audible app and Amazon devices download what is called Standard format now even if you have Enhanced set as your default on your account. You have to go into each device and into the Audible settings and change it to High Quality.

I don't know when this changed but the difference in sound quality is huge!
Thanks so much for this. I used to d/l via the Audible PC app link straight into iTunes, but now do it straight from my iPod Audible app. I had no idea it wasn't defaulting to the high quality version, which is my setting on the Audible site.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote