View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris81 View Post
What is the UYK menu?
I think the only way i can get this black kindle connecting is to have it running the firmware i believe it ships with which is 4.1.0.
UYK is a common acronym used here at MR, for "Update Your Kindle".

It makes sense that firmware updates older than 4.1.0 may not support the new K4B serial number prefix. In fact, I think that the hack update packages needed to be modified to support the new serial number prefixes as I recall). The older firmware updates may not support the new serial number, which would explain the grayed-out UYK menu.

So, we may need a newer firmware image to properly debrick a K4B.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote