View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #69
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
The main point here has nothing to do with zealotry but a lot to do with READING... yes, books are great, special limited editions can be really great BUT for reading the words, which I believe has something to do with books as well as eReaders, each has there own place and fans but most of us can appreciate both... for many people the eReader has huge advantages over paper - try handling a thousand page volume with rheumatoid arthritis or CTS, read some six point type when you've got serious eye problems etc plus the ease of carrying multiple books around with you... as such the real gripe is about a hypocrite deriding digital media as inferior shadows of the "real" thing... and doing it digitally...
I absolutely agree re the fact that they're a huge step forward for people with disabilities - I also know that devices exist (though pricey) able to display braille script for blind people...
I again beg your pardon for using the "zealot" term - I'm italian, and wrongly assumed it meant somebody having strong beliefs, nothing more insulting!
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote