View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #29
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Actually, it isn't available here either or in many parts of the world for that matter. So, it is most probably not any attempt by block the device from the US and nor is it US retailers showing little or no interest in the device. Based on the lack of availability EVERYWHERE, I'd say it is just a case of limited supply. Now, I have no clue how Kobo does things but I can imagine a scenario where they notified all their country distribution channels of the new device and told them to get their initial orders in and that orders would be handled on a first come first served basis. So, US retailers were on an equal basis with every other country (except Canada who, naturally enough, got first pickings) and have to just grin and wait just like the rest of us.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote