Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #389
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheingold View Post
But for any case I wonder what I have to do, when I want to go back to the original reader? Just delete the akp in the updates/system/app folder or must I do a restore flash or something else?
You may be able to get away with just removing the APK file. This is what you do to remove unwanted system apps as described in our PRS T1 rooting wiki. Be sure and let us know if that works if you try it

You should also be able to remove the modified reader without reflashing or anything drastic if you can get to the Android system settings. Note that the normal "Settings" you see on the reader is the Sony application settings, not the Android system settings. You can use Morkl's home screen mod to get to the system settings (I'm not sure if there's a way of doing this from the stock home screen). Here's the steps based on using Morkl's home screen:
  1. Make sure you have app_syssettings as one of the entries in your homemod/homemod.xml file on your reader. Easiest to probably to change the app_setting to app_syssetting on line 15 of the default homemod.xml
  2. Select: System Settings
  3. Select the com.android.settings entry if you get a choice here
  4. Select: Applications
  5. Select: Manage Applications
  6. Select: Downloaded
  7. Scroll down to "Reader"
  8. Select: Uninstall updates

Please note that I haven't fully tested the above - I didn't actually do the final step as I didn't want remove the modified Reader .

The above steps should also work to remove Morkl's home screen mod as well by choosing "Home" in the applications list. Again, untested...

Cheers,
Simon.