View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Ransom
Banned
Ransom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle-3
E-book Viewer Sometimes Doesn't Respond to Hyperlinks in HTML

I'm not seeing a forum directly pertaining to Calibre's E-book Viewer, so I thought maybe this one would be as good as any.

Hopefully the title states the problem without much more explanation. I link chapter headings to bookmarks that I make in html. When I open the html file up in Calibre's E-book Viewer to test it, most of the hyperlinks to the chapters work, but a few do not. I've checked the html code for both the bookmarks and the hyperlinks to them, and they are exactly correct. When I open the same files in IE-8 the links work perfectly. Further, if I take the html file into Calibre and output it as a mobi file, E-book Viewer will then handle all the links just fine. Therefore, I think there simply must be a genuine bug in the software for the viewer when viewing html files with it. I'm using the latest version of Calibre.

No big deal as long as the mobi files work correctly. I just wanted to make it known. I searched a bit and didn't find any other posts mentioning this.

Last edited by Ransom; 06-19-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote