Thread: Help I'm Lost!!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The nook is only a "player" at all if you are in North America. For most of us, it is an irrelevance . Even Amazon really aren't that big outside North America, because the European eBook market, for example, has standardised on the ePub book format. Sony are by far the biggest player here in Western Europe, with companies like Bookeen, iRex, and Pocketbook also noteworthy.
Thanks for the education! Here in the US everything is about Kindle. Sony has been making readers for ages, but no one seems to have heard of such a thing until the Kindle. I do find it interesting that the Sony readers are the biggest in Europe, makes sense, but I just was a bit ignorant. And as I said the the OP the Nook is not really a big player, it may be later, but not yet.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening me
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote