View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I don't see this affecting me. I have very familiar tried and proven tools that work fine, and I don't see the necessity of moving to the Apple platform given what I know about its "authoring" capability.

That said, I might just try it out briefly sometime in the future to at least see if I am missing something I just don't know about. (I am not such an old dog that I can't try a few new tricks.)

Still from what I have read, you might "author" a book, using such capabilities that come with the process and then export it. The question in my mind is whether the exported file retains enough value besides just the text to make it worth while to work in the format to begin with. The only way to really know this is to do it.

Perhaps someone at this forum could be the canary in the Apple mine and test out the air for us?

Last edited by frahse; 02-04-2012 at 12:11 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote