View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #462
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Got the Aura today -- Some remarks

It came by post from Toronto to California in 4 days. Here are some impressions:
1. It seems superior (to me, at least) to the Kindle Paperwhite, which I also have. Not only better resolution, but more uniform lighting. The size seems better for reading, and while it's slightly heavier, it's no harder to hold.
2. The only thing I don't like so far is that it tends to leave too much blank space at the bottom of pages. Perhaps when Calibre adds the device and one can send a book in kepub format, that will help.
3. It is possible to use the browser to access and download Calibre books through Calibre's content server.
4. It does give the option to use the original font that Calibre embedded.
5. For Calibre epubs, you can adjust the margins, the font and the font size, but not the space between lines. If Calibre generates a file with indented paragraphs, that's how it will appear in the Aura. If the file is justified in Calibre, that cannot be changed on the Aura.
6. One review said the Aura takes 10 seconds to wake up. Must be older firmware, because mine wakes up in a half second or so.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote