View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #13
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I have tried syncing with Google services and it doesn't work for me. I think it's both because of the Apple sync procedure, which keeps duplicating contacts, and because of Google, who just loves to create contacts without my knowledge. I don't want to have a contact in my address book for every e-mail address I send an e-mail to, or for all my Google + contacts. It's just not worth it to try to sort it all out, so I gave up. Google calendars was also a failure somehow. I'm just not interested enough to investigate and understand why it doesn't work and what I should do to make it better.
The way that worked for me was to set up gmail as an Exchange account for calendars only - as described here. It was a bit fiddly, but now I have all my different gadgets in synch without wires. iCloud can't do this because it's apple specific. I still use wired synch for contacts, because I had problems with duplicates etc. as you describe.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote