View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
deleteriousone
deleteriousone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
I've never understood why people (Not you, op, just some in general) want to muck about with the directories anyway. For pete's sake, the program does it just fine, all by it's lonesome...
The program does have it benefits, however I can't count the number of times that I have had a client with data stuck in a proprietary program with no way to get it out when they do something like upgrade their PC operating system. Many times I have had to build a virtual machine to run just one need program.

This is the same reason I avoid any DRM media ( I have been burned by buying DRM protected music and have the store no longer support it). The same goes for Ipod and Zune, if I buy a media player it has to be drag and drop from a directory so I am not dependent on something like iTunes or Zune software.

Back to Calibre: It is a good program and does its chosen functions well within the program. Other that the few issues (like author Ln, Fn) by default it might meet my need. I do wish that that I worked more like Adobe Lightroom and just indexed files where they are located rather than needing to make it's own copy. However, it is not like I have time to write a competing product just how I would wish Calibre would work.

~ ted
deleteriousone is offline   Reply With Quote