View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #30
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Hans, you need to see what was said in some of the other threads. It's fine to say "I have no interest in the iPad because it doesn't have Flash support." But what is constructive when someone posts "Apple is a greedy corporation and has no interest in consumers"? Over and over. And states "anyone with an iPod pirates their music" without a single shred of evidence to back it up? Or "Apple is in the business of lying. You want to believe whatever bollocks marketing speak they have, you go ahead."

Tell me, what is constructive, helpful or useful out of any of those comments?

Now I don't mind people saying "I wish it worked with a stylus, other than a meatstick" or "Apple designed the iPad for media consumers, but not with business functions I need". Sure, those are legitimate, personal, gripes. Even complaining that they don't see alternatives to the iTunes store, which I think many of us will be able to correct. Ripping your own music with LAME or another application, DVDs with Handbrake, and possibly (we'll know when the iPad is out) Calibre/Stanza for eBooks.

This isn't a silly attempt to shut interested parties up. It's a serious attempt to shut trolls who have no interest in buying an iPad, only spouting trash, up.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote