View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #24
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
well i don't see a lot of fawning, back-patting and high-fiving going on. but i do see a lot of "it won't sell because it doesn't have eink" or "no one will buy it because it doesn't have a SD card slot" and personal attacks going on.

take a look at the other forums here, you don't see people posting on the kindle forum "the kindle doesn't have Qi so it sucks and is doomed to fail." it's just weird how some people have to brag about their displeasure with apple and what it sells. i don't understand why they feel the need to come in here and rant and rave that they don't like the iPad and aren't going to buy one. ok. so what? that's nice. have a great life. move on.

i didn't buy mcdonalds yesterday, don't see me coming on here and posting about it.
Better step over to the Kindle forum. (Or for the real experience, try the Irex forum!) You can see incessant comments like:

the Kindle needs color
page turns are extremely slow
the contrast is no good
PDF handling is no good
the browser is slow
etc, etc, etc

and guess what? Nobody is complaining! Such comments are good, because people who think about buying a device need the whole story. Not just glowing assessment about why Apple was right not to include a certain feature, but rather a serious discussion on how you can work around those problems. Why is the Apple forum the only forum where people try to shut others up for voicing some honest criticism? And yes, some points may be repeated by other users who have not read through every post on every thread. So what? I am studying the iPad threads because I have some interest in it and want to find out more -- good and bad. For example, I don't just want to hear "you don't need flash", I want to know if anything can be done about it.

Last edited by HansTWN; 02-12-2010 at 07:44 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote