View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #17
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I agree that it's a dummy. It's made of that prototype plastic. It'll be interesting to see what the final product looks like. I think it'll be matte black with a variety of cool cases to customize it, though I wouldn't rule out some kind of brushed silver surface.

I never used to write in my books, but I've been re-reading Paolini's Eldest on my iLiad and making margin notes, and it's addictive. The idea that I can write on the book AND keep it pristine at the same time (by deleting the notes or restoring to an unmarked version or whatever) is very attractive. Now I just want a better tool that will let me search for and organize the notes, e.g. dotReader.

The sheer marketing power of Amazon will contribute to the success of this product, even if it does come out looking as fugly as the picture. US$400 seems like a lot for a reader, but if that price includes some kind of subscription to the Amazon content, look out. I'm happy with my iLiad, but a lot of people would take a reader that just gave you a choice of nearly everything in the Amazon catalog. (Yes, today there are not ebook versions of everything in the Amazon catalog, but look at the "make this book an ebook" link on each entry at Amazon, and I think you can see that Amazon is interested in turning up the pressure on publishers to provide digital versions of their works.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote