Thread: EPUB output
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Okay, I've probably done something really silly, any ideas what's happening?
Have been using Calibre for a few months now, with no issues.

I have updated to the new version. It asked me where my books were stored so I gave it the path, it loaded them in great....now my usual way of doing things, is to add the book to Calibre and convert (or add a lrf and not convert), then save to my HD using Calibre as this gives me all my books sorted by author in one place on my HD. The I import into the Sony eLibrary and then to my reader. All has been great, until the update today.....

When I went to import a new book from Calibre I noticed there were now 2 files for each book. I had the author/title folders but now had another titled the same but with numbers in brackets next to it (database number?). This has happened on all my existing books too, effectively doubling my entire library.........I really don't want 2 copies of all my books (obviously) so how to resolve? What am I doing wrong for Calibre to make 2 copies of all books?

I noticed that if I delete books from Calibre then the numbered folder goes leaving the usual title folder, it's only when I store them in Calibre that I see the 2 folders for each title......any way to stop this as it doubles my library when I use Calibre to list my books as well. Short of entering all books, saving, then removing them from Calibre, is there a way round it?

I hope someone can help
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote