View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #291
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks twobob, NiLuJe, geekmaster, knc1 -- I really appreciated your help and pretty much got my working Kindle setup now ! The netcat/dd stuff works without problems over the WLAN funnily, so I guess I'll just be happy about that -- still puzzled about the NDIS/USB though. Also thank you twobob for the private/public key pair instructions, luckily I already had one which I used for my old VPS and Bitbucket/Github accounts, so I just pasted the public key part into the authorized_keys file while I had the USB mode activated and the connected via SSH to the Kindle !

Am I mistaken in assuming that it is not possible to enable USB mode and SSH access at the same time? So that I can easily drag and drop files onto the Kindle via the USB connection and connect to the root shell per SSH whenever I feel like it?

EDIT: Just disable USE_WIFI_SSHD_ONLY probably, right? I'll check it.
EDIT2: Yep, thanks.
EDIT3: Well partly: the SSH connection freezes while it's in the USB mode, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited by cryzed; 11-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote