View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #380
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Bookripper; maybe you had to buy it sight unseen, but I think that if you had take time to research more fully, even by reading posts here, you woiuld have seen that, for what you wanted, the Kobo series of readers was not at all applicable.
If you go to the kobo website, they are clearly bragging about 1000 books on the internal memory and 32.000 books on the sd card. in reality, you cant even organize 5% of that amount on this piece of cr@p... (sorry but I really feel this way about the Glo). Their own vendors dont even know how the kobo works, so how should I?? And its not like there are many topics regarding my issues here.
they also advertise themselves as the kind of company that allows total freedom with whatever you do on their device. they are clearly lying and I got the proof for it.

I bought the kobo through a vendor, so i contacted the vendor with some questions, who in his turn contacted kobo (because, of course, he didnt knew anything about the working of the device). Kobo, by accident, also sent ME a copy of the reply to the vendor. here is where the truth gets out:
I quote: " Dear H...This type of customer is not our type of customer. we can fix most problems with books bought in the kobo store, but the device is not meant to hold 2000+ books. If the client is persistent you could offer him a refund to be rid of him, he probably wont be buying any books from us anyway. Regards, M... "

so I just spent 130 euros on a kindle in disguise... I'm not even a "real customer"!! sure, 130 euros is lunch money....
Needless to say I replied Kobo with lots of passion
Anyway, I returned it, its gone. I wont be missing it. It froze, the lettering wasnt black enough, my zoom didnt work, pdf reading was terrible, after 1 hour my battery was down 17% (with the wifi on) and above mentioned problems of course. please dont quote me any more, I quit following this topc. good luck with it!

Ripper
Bookripper is offline   Reply With Quote