Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #686
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This would go against all the dictionaries logic, namely that only relevant dictionaries (having the same language as the book, and actually containing the word that is being looked up) are chosen for display.
In principle, I agree with you, but I have one dictionary, for example, which, despite being excellent, has a very poor inflections index. The result is that most inflected forms aren't found in this dictionary when I select them in books or periodicals, although the uninflected form is almost invariably contained in the dictionary.

For example, the dictionary contains the term 'logiciel', but if I highlight 'logiciels', no match is returned.

If I had access to the dictionary (specifically, the search box at the top of the screen once the dictionary is open), I could delete the 's' manually, hit the return key and easily access the term 'logiciel' contained in the dictionary.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying I would like access to dictionaries in other languages, just *all* the dictionaries on my device for the specific language I'm reading in.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote