View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #6
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Hi!

I have the old PRS500 model. There is plenty of space on my card (>100MB).
The card is shown to be formatted as FAT12. I first tried it as is, then reformatted the card - no difference.

I today downloaded the Flasher 1.2 once more and put it on the card. There I unzipped it, then moved the folder's contents to root.
No success.

I looked into contents of the PRS500 (with the command line PRS500lib) and saw that the script(s) did copy "mcopy" the first time I run the Flasher.
If I run it again there is an error message stating difficulties to copy "mcopy" to /tmp.
If I manually remove mcopy from /tmp (PRS500 rm path/mcopy) it will run exactly once more - but allways stops with "Failure to run script"...

There was NEVER written a "make_fs.log".

The only unusual thing I might mention is that I work on an Apple iBook.
That should not effect internals on the eReader, though, should it?

EDIT: Maybe someone could send me a "manual" way to do only the most necessary steps by hand from a terminal window? I am no programmer but know the basics quite well.

Thanks !!!

Last edited by Clemenseken; 12-20-2007 at 06:11 AM. Reason: ...last thought ...
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote