View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
nowy
nowy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Broken power button

I managed to broke my power button during opening of back cover.
I put a card under the circuit board and damaged something responsible for turning reader on/off.

I exchanged memory card in order to switch to android. After assembling up the device I tried to turn it on and nothing happened.
I opened it up again and unfortunately I think the power button is broken for good. I found some tiny loose plastic and metal parts in area of power switch.
I put back old memory card and connect reader to pc. It turned on.

Is there anything I could do to assign power button with light button either in android or original software?

I can still use reset button to power on reader but it won't be very handful.
Can I put memory card with android in and instead of switching on reset device or connect it to computer? Will it work the same as with Nickel?
I don't want to risk loosing contact with my device. Power button seems to be quite important:/ I could live without light one. I wish I broke this one instead.
So guys if you're opening it for the first time be careful. Especially when you're opening it close to power button.

One more question:
There are some covers with auto on/off. Where is the sensor located? Is it work independent of power switch mechanism? Will it works on android?

Thank you for any

------------------

Update:

I've tested it a little more.
The only way to turn it on when it's in turn off state is to connect it to a computer. Reset works only in sleep mode. Looks like android on my Kobo is out of reach:/
I've tried to find and press something responsible for turning it on near the switch but with no results. Not sure what this slider was pressing but probably it's destroyed.

Does anybody know whats the chances that the cover with turn on/off feature will help? Is it turn in on by the same sensors?

I am still quite happy that it is still usable. I can connect it to computer at home and use reset when outdoor. Just hope I will don't need to use power button any more.

Last edited by nowy; 06-28-2014 at 03:18 PM.
nowy is offline   Reply With Quote