View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZed View Post
As of 4.100 still pretty much all of the Mobipocket-specific elements, plus contributor, publication date, and type, it looks like. I ran a quick diff on the output from one of my unit tests with the output from mobi2oeb and came up with the elements in my output missing from mobi2oeb completely:

Code:
      <dc:Contributor>Me Myself</dc:Contributor>
      <dc:Date event="publication">2008-10</dc:Date>
      <dc:Type>Testing Type</dc:Type>
      <Adult>yes</Adult>
      <DictionaryInLanguage>de-at</DictionaryInLanguage>
      <DictionaryOutLanguage>es-ar</DictionaryOutLanguage>
      <Review>&lt;P>Review line 1 — &lt;EM>emphasized&lt;/EM>&lt;/P> &lt;P>Review line 2 — &lt;STRONG>a bold move&lt;/STRONG>&lt;/P></Review>
      <SRP Currency="USD">1.23</SRP>
Also, your <dc:subject> entries were missing the BASICCode attribute and your <dc:language> entry was using a bare word and not an IANA language code.

On the plus side, you're generating a NCX file from the filepos information, which I'm not, yet. Mine is just an ultra-primitive one pointing to the spine elements. Also, mobi2oeb supports HuffDic and I don't, yet.

Update: Also, I just caught a bug in my testing procedure that also caught one of yours. When you put the ISBN into a dc:identifier element, you strip out hyphens. Mine doesn't, but it's got a different bug: it seems to be creating dc:identifier twice, and stupid me didn't even check the ISBN in my unit tests. I only just now caught it by eye, so it'll have to wait for the next version. :/
Ah yes the mobipocket specific tags. I dont intend mobi2oeb to be part of a mobi2mobi toolchain, which is why those elements are not included. As far as I know, hyphens are not required to parse ISBN numbers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote