View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
the author sorting on the main panel is not working properly.
As you've noticed, it was fixed within a few hours of the error being released.

Quote:
I'd like to suggest that separate strings are introduced (author_first_name, author_last_name, author_middlename(s)) and the author fields become configurable. Please consider it, it would be a big improvement.
It won't be done, at least not any time soon. It would require a nearly complete rewrite.

Quote:
Having the author list as "Lastname, Firstname" in both the main panel and the Tags panel would be a definite improvement.
This can be done and many people run this way. Look at the tweaks in Preferences and search for that word here to see how.

Quote:
Currently, under settings, we have
"(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)"
as a regular expression for the metadata extracted from file names. This regex is not working for me, in fact if I type in "title - first last" as a string, and press test, nothing happens, the fields below are not populated at all. Therefore I could not test alternatives.
Try "title - first last.pdf".

Quote:
A further suggestion: please consider to introduce a new tag: language. I know that one can define own tags "English, French, etc.", but that is not quite the same thing. The language of a books is an important entry in a library catalog.
Control over the language tag in exported EPUBs is on the todo list. Other than that, I'm not sure why you object to defining your own field for this.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote