View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Mex5150
Banned
Mex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the rough

Location: To the left of your body, to the right of your mind, lost in a riddle.
Device: Android phone, Nook Touch Simple Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Draconian??? This is the most flexible, user centered software I've run across in a long time.
Flexible? so why can't it do what I want? It's only flexible if you want to do things EXACTLY the way the author dictates and NEVER deviate from that LOL
Quote:
As a matter of fact calibre will allow you to organize your library on your Android device exactly the way you want it. Review the Save to Disk feature and the associated template language. You may have to save to disk locally then transfer the resultant file structure to your device, but it can be done.
I have my calibre library shared (via DropBox) across my Nook (Android), my phone (Android), my desktop (Ubuntu), my laptop (BackTrack Linux), another laptop (windows XP), windows virtual box (XP). any changes I make on any of the computers with calibre are instantly available on all, constantly having to jump through hoops saving to disk is A) very old-fashioned way of working, and B) takes up twice the space for the exact same data, and C) a total PITA.

on a side note, If the metadata engine is so powerful, why can't it work with a more sensible user defined file structure?

Quote:
Why anyone would want to limit their book collection organization by using a rigid directory structure is beyond me, but calibre allows you to do exactly that.
That's EXACTLY my problem, calibre FORCES a badly thought out rigid file structure!

Quote:
If that doesn't work for you then try any file manager.
Comparing usability and some nice features calibre has, this does look like the best option. But I ask again what other options are there out there?

-Mex
Mex5150 is offline   Reply With Quote