View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #387
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
If adjustable font sizes for the interface are impractical because of design & layout concerns, then a mode where the text can be selectively enlarged like a magnifier mode probably wouldn't be the worst compromise...

I imagine that being able to enlarge the interface text would also entail having to code all the touch screen hotspots as relatively sized fields if they aren't already, which could be a lot of work.

The above said, I'm not getting younger(had to get glasses to pass the eye test for my license renewal this year -nearsighted a bit at 47, but still...) so I'd like to see adjustable interface text sizing as well, or at least the option to switch the device to a custom mode with an emphasis on LARGE font sized interface for someday in my case. It might be simpler to code an alternate large sized interface rather than a fully relative one depending on how things are already done. At least that way they could maintain control of how the device looks to others rather than taking a chance of letting people select sizing that might make the device interface look downright awful.

Last edited by TechniSol; 12-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote