View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #60
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomov View Post
Just tested it with a 94mb 200-page cbr, and the update seems to work brilliantly! No delay whatsoever when comparing with browsing an unpacked CBR.

I'll test it with a larger archive tonight (210mb, 370 pages, resolution around 1600x2200), but I don't expect any problems.

Edit: also a +1 vote for the hiding of the status bar for all books
Thanks for the feedback on the update. I wasn't experiencing those slowdowns myself, so I wasn't sure if the memory leak was the real problem or not. Maybe the effect is worse on the newer multi-tasking systems (I'm still using the old 2.04 firmware).

As far as the status bar goes, I was waiting for an answer to my question about where the control for enabling/disabling the status bar should be (main menu or configuration menu) before working on it. I'm not sure whether someone would want to semi-permanently disable it, or just temporarily from time to time. It's not a feature I would use myself, so it's hard for me to guess how it would be used by those who want it. So, anyone who wants the feature should tell me how they would like to use it.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote