View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #21
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
I don't think I can turn off my critical judgement. However, I seem to be gifted with the ability to step outside my own boundaries. A lot of people at the writing group I frequent, when offering comments on a member's work, seem to talk not about what could be improved with the writer's work, but, rather, how they would have done it differently. As long as a work is done well, it doesn't matter if it is done differently than I would have written it. That's actually helpful to me in expanding my boundaries.

Now, on a related note, I'd like to ask those here if they feel that the writer in them has resulted in them abandoning more books than they did before they started writing. Personally, I have no qualms now about not finishing something lacklustre. Too many good books to read that I need to get to.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote